Saturday, March 2, 2013

Pathways to the Common Core



I did not think that I will enjoy talking about education again. But with the MG project, and reflecting on that period of time, all my conflicts as an educator came rushing back.

I guess the saying "once a teacher, always a teacher," is kind of true.

I look at this picture that caught my eye and wonder, so there are few pathways to get to the desired goal?

Isn't that what was said (and still is) all along by people who sided with 'alternative' or 'open' or 'experimental' education. Pathways, not one way, and with that the suggestion is that some of the pathways maybe less travelled than others but that is OK.

And whoever drew this picture clearly did not think that both pathways are identical. It seems that one is shorter, while the other is meandering through the fields. The adult and two children seem to walk on the right hand side of the road but that could reflect on their safety training rather than on a choice that will be made shortly when they will reach the point of no return.


No comments:

Post a Comment