Sunday, March 31, 2013

A plan to improve writing in my community









Trying to think of a plan to encourage writing in my community I go back to my conversation with my 'adult student' searching for the thread, the clues, the ideas I might have missed. Something to provide me with a trail.
 
I find these words that I wrote at the end of the conversation.
 
"The immense power of words can carry us over miles, and miles, of roads, and create bridges to memories long forgotten. It could turn into a tool of clarification and control, for sure, but it can also be intimidating for the exact same reasons. This is the only way I can explain why talented writers, like M. refrain from writing, especially when they are on their own without a group to support them."

Somewhere here is my clue. A way to understand the inner making of an adult writer .It is maybe different from that of a younger student but how? It might be in the following trio; authentic writing, supportive audience and the freedom to use multigenre writing.




No comments:

Post a Comment