Tuesday, February 5, 2013

A writing companian


Every morning in front of my computer this exchange is taking place. Me, serious and driven pouring my 'oh so important thoughts onto the computer 'and she just as driven walking back and forth stepping gently on the keyboard sending herds of letters scrambling on the screen mingling with my orderly sentences.
First I get mad.
"Don't you see, you are as usual a disturbance."
Than I try to work around her realizing as I am doing it how pathetic this might look to any bystander. I try to get to the keys by sending my hand under her belly or see the screen above her ears and just as I find a somewhat workable position she moves and graciously send a paw or a tail and brush it all away. At the end I give up. I laugh and pet her on the head "you are right," I tell her "I am taking myself way too seriously."
I brush the clamps of hair from my shirt, phoo away some more fine hair stuck to my face, and lean back.
She stretches slowly, yawn, get up and walk away.

No comments:

Post a Comment