Sunday, April 28, 2013

Taking leave


Who has turned us around like this, so that
whatever we do, we find ourselves in the attitude
of someone going away? Just as that person
on the last hill, which shows him his whole valley
one last time, turns, stops, lingers--,
so we live, forever taking our leave."

~Rainer Maria Rilke (1875-1926), The Eighth Elegy 




 
 

I apologize for the length of this blog.

 
All I can say in my defense is that over time it became addicting, and also a true companion.

I tried to open it every morning, even if only for a brief moment, and often it was not until I wrote here that I found what it is that I want to say.

 
My other line of defense is that many of the entries here are rather short, at times only a picture and few words. Those were, are, my inspiration. In analyzing my writing process I find that quotes, and pictures, start the flow of thoughts that later leads me to write. I wonder at times if they can create the same magic for others.

 
I meant to cut it short at the end, and tried several times to do it, but as a true reflection of my thought process during the course, cutting it, I felt, will take away from its coherency.

 
So bear with me and feel free to jump over anything that does not strike your fancy.

 
Thank you everybody for the support and good advice.

 I will miss it, I already miss it.

 some links;
http://unschoolin.weebly.com/index.html
\
http://onewordatatime.weebly.com/

https://twitter.com/ldplus4u

No comments:

Post a Comment